COVID – 19! Yes, this indeed is another article regarding Covid-19. With vaping being a very personal act to every individual, it is crucial to ensure that you maintain a standard of hygiene when it comes to vaping. We hope to shed some light on some tips you could use to ensure that your vape device is always clean. In addition to that, we will be sharing some recommendations in terms of ensuring that you are well stocked in the case of shortage of liquids and coils.
Need to know
What you need to know about the Covid-19 (Corona) virus. In essence, the Covid-19 is a much more severe case of the flu.
“Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause disease in animals. Seven, including the new virus, have made the jump to humans, but most just cause cold-like symptoms. The new virus, officially called Covid-19, is also dangerous – so far, around 20 per cent of confirmed cases have been classed as severe or critical and the current death rate varies between 0.7 per cent and 3.4 per cent depending on the location and, crucially, access to good hospital care” (TelegraphUK,2020)
How does it spread?
There are several ways in which the Virus can be spread. The first one would be
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Can someone spread the virus even without being sick?
- People are thought to be most contagious when they are most symptomatic (the sickest).
- Some spread might be possible before people show symptoms; there have been reports of this occurring with this new coronavirus, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
Is it possible to spread the virus via contact?
- It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
Stay Healthy & Safe
- Wash your hands thoroughly and use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you’re sick and encourage your family to do the same.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash and immediately wash your hands. No tissue? Cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
With all that being said, we have some tips on how to ensure that you maintain a proper level of cleanliness with your vape. To try and avoid contracting or spreading the virus, if you were to have made contact with it.
- DO NOT SHARE YOUR VAPE WITH ANYONE
- Try to refrain from leaving your vape unattended in public to avoid any unnecessary contact from anyone and anything
- Ensure that you have purchased sufficient coils to keep you going for the next 2 weeks at least
- Ensure that you have purchased sufficient E-liquid to keep you going for the next 2 weeks at least
- Make sure your devices mouthpiece is cleaned from time to time (use an antibacterial wipe to clean the surface properly and then wipe it dry)
- Every time you clean your mouthpiece do not re-use the old wipes
- Avoid touching the mouthpiece with unwashed hands
Make sure you take the necessary steps to avoid contamination of your vape devices. Hope everyone stays safe.
If we have any updates we will keep you up to date on all our social media platforms.
COVID-19 vs. Flu
What’s the difference between COVID-19 and the flu? Professor Robert Booy from the University of Sydney, Head of Clinical Research at the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance, answers the following questions about COVID-19: What are the symptoms of COVID-19? How long does it usually last? Who is most at risk? What are the chances of recovery? Can the flu injection prevent COVID-19?